Paul M. Normand
Born in Montreal, Paul has lived in Vaudreuil-Dorion for more than 45 years.
Continuing education at the post-secondary level
- Consultant and executive associate, Paul M. Normand et Associés
- Director of Business Development, Alta Industriel Ltée, Coteau-du-Lac
- Municipal councilor (2013-Present)
- City of Vaudreuil-Dorion Committees: Human Resources (workplace relations); Retirement; Health and Safety (white-collar workers and firefighters); Health and Safety (blue-collar workers, substitute); Demolition
- Lobbyist, Registre des Lobbyistes, Justice Minister (2009-2017)
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Board of Directors, Vaudreuil-Soulanges Palliative Care Residence Foundation (2012-Present)(vice-president and chairman of the executive board)
- Director, Board of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Vaudreuil-Soulanges (CCIVS) (2008-2013)
- Member, CCVIS Industrial and Mentorship Committee
- Board of Directors, Conseil des bassins versants de la région de Vaudreuil-Soulanges (COBAVER-VS) (2012-2015)
- Member, MRC de Vaudreuil-Soulanges Diversification and Development Committee (2010-2012)
- President, BNI Montréal Express Network (2003-2005)
With his experience and knowledge, Paul successfully attracted a number of private investors to the Coteau-du-Lac Industrial Park, notably the largest Canadian Tire distribution centre in Canada, which created nearly 1,000 jobs over 10 years. He also sits on the boards of a number of regional organizations.
Strengths and Values
Natural leader, devoted volunteer, developer, planner, independent, analytical, team spirit.
Watching the growth of the city he has lived in for more than 45 years, Paul wants to continue his work on council by helping his co-citizens get the services they need while maintaining a tax rate that is one of the lowest in the region. He hopes to serve within a harmonious team to pursue his commitment to the community.