Born in LaSalle and raised in Baie-d'Urfé, resident of Vaudreuil-Dorion since 2010.
- Public Relations Certificate, McGill University
- M.A. Political Science, Carleton University.
- B.A. Political Science, Concordia University
- President, Eklozion Communications and Public Relations Inc. (currently)
- Director of Communications and Philanthropic Development, Vaudreuil-Soulanges Palliative Care Residence (currently)
- Communications Officer, City of Vaudreuil-Dorion (maternity-leave replacement)
- Communications Officer, MRC de Vaudreuil-Soulanges
- Community relations assistant, Member of Parliament for Vaudreuil-Soulanges Jamie Nicholls
- President, Indo-Canadian Organization of Montreal (ICOM).
- Climate Ambassador, Climate Reality Project, an initiative of former U.S. Vice-President Al Gore (2015-Present)
- Member of the organizing committee for Ovations Vaudreuil-Soulanges (2016)
- Member of the organizing committee for the Osmose Bal and the Cabane Osmose
- Member, Board of Directors, Fondation des enfants de Vaudreuil-Soulanges Children’s Foundation (2015-2016).
For the past three years, Jasmine has organized Holi Hai, the Indian festival of colours that celebrates the arrival of spring, creating an intercultural event for the community. She also organizes the ICOM float for the Mozaïk Parade (since 2014) and coordinates ICOM’s participation at the S.O.U.Pe. Festival (since 2015).
- Hubert-Reeves Award, City of Vaudreuil-Dorion – Upcycling Garden Project (2015).
- Graduated with distinction, Public Relations Certificate, McGill University (2008).
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship for Political Science Master’s Degree, Carleton University (2003).
- Graduated with distinction, Political Science, Concordia University (2002).
- Excellence Prize for post-secondary academic achievements, Réseau des femmes d’affaires du Québec (1999).
- Multiculturalism Prize, Gala des Prix Gémeaux, for a Second Regard program on Radio-Canada (1996).
Strengths and Values
Dynamic, honest, open, kind, perceptive.
“Be the change you wish to see in the world” is a quote from Mahatma Gandhi that has become a daily mantra for Jasmine. A proud citizen, Jasmine has her community at heart and has made both community and political action a part of her life for many years. Of multi-cultural origins, she is a proud representative of visible minorities, a spokesperson for the Anglophone community, and a leader for events that bring her co-citizens together.