- Mayor of Vaudreuil-Dorion since 2005
- Municipal councilor from 1998-2005
- Co-owner of JP Pilon, Inc.
- Director, Board of the MRC de Vaudreuil-Soulanges
- President, Conseil intermunicipal de transport (CIT)
- President, Board of the Centre local de développement (CLD) Vaudreuil-Soulanges (2005-Present)
- Director, Montreal Metropolitan Transportation Agency
- President, Transport Commission of the Montreal Metropolitan Community (CMM)
- Member, Club Optimiste
- Active participant in the establishment of Ericsson Canada in the Joseph-Carrier Industrial Park, which carried a provincial record for private investment ($1.3 billion)
- Lead spokesperson for many projects and major events (floods, etc.)
- Recognized and emphasized the value of the city’s public administration, making it an employer of choice.
- Active role in positioning the city at the regional, provincial and national levels.
- Key figure in promoting and taking concrete actions on economic and industrial development to maintaining job creation in the region.
Recognition award from the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Vaudreuil-Dorion, 2014.
Strengths and Values
Leadership, integrity, straightforward, goal-oriented, dynamic, community-oriented.
After three mandates as mayor, Guy Pilon is proud of the improvements made by the city he represents. Building something new in an established place comes with its limitations, but solutions were found and a city-wide plan is in place to ensure these improvements continue. His vision is to maintain economic balance while ensuring a high standard of living for citizens and developing the city as a regional hub that serves the distinct needs of the residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural sectors.